DRIAS: a step toward Climate Services in France
- 1Direction de la Climatologie, Météo-France, 42 av. G. Coriolis, 31057 Toulouse Cedex, France
- 2CNRM-GAME, URA1357, Météo-France, CNRS, 42 av. G. Coriolis, 31057 Toulouse Cedex, France
- 3Sciences de l'Univers au CERFACS, URA1875, 42 av. G. Coriolis, 31057 Toulouse Cedex 01, France
- 4LSCE, UMR8212, IPSL, FR636, laboratoire CEA-CNRS-Université Versailles Saint Quentin, Orme des Merisiers, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
- 5LMD, UMR8539, IPSL, FR636, CNRS-Université Pierre et Marie Curie, 4 place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Abstract. DRIAS (Providing access to Data on French Regionalized climate scenarios and Impacts on the environment and Adaptation of Societies) is a 2-yr project (2010–2012). It is funded by the GICC (Management and Impact of Climate Change) program of the French Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transportation, and Housing (MEDDTL). DRIAS is to provide easy access to French regional climate data and products in order to facilitate mitigation and adaptation studies. The DRIAS project focuses on existing French regional climate projections obtained from national modelling groups such as: IPSL, CERFACS, and CNRM. It is more than a data server, it also delivers all kinds of climate information from numerical data to tailored climate products. Moreover, guidance is to be provided to end-users in order to promote best practices and know-how. Whilst the project is coordinated by the Department of Climatology at Météo-France, a multidisciplinary group of users and stakeholders at large concerned by climate change issues is also involved with the project. The ultimate goal will be to identify societal needs, validate the decision making processes, and thus facilitate exchanges between producers and practitioners. Key results from the DRIAS project will contribute to the implementation of French Climate Services.